Introduction to U BOLTS
“U” Bolt Materials
Why “U” Bolt Coating?
Corrosion at pipe supports is one of the leading causes of process piping failures. It is the beam supports and saddle clamps that have historically caused the majority of problems.
- The Corrosion Mechanism:
- Water is trapped.
- The paint system fails (atmospheric coatings soften in immersion service).
- Corrosion is initiated.
- Corrosion undercuts paint film.
- Crevice corrosion starts.
- Pipe fails.
So the solution is they simply and economically address the root cause of crevice corrosion by:
- Eliminating crevices.
- Eliminating water entrapment.
- Eliminating metal-to-metal contact.
- Allowing for ease of inspection and maintenance.
- Providing complete support to the piping system.